Aller au contenu
Rechercher dans
  • Plus d’options…
Rechercher les résultats qui contiennent…
Rechercher les résultats dans…
hop

The joys of pig (ne pas hésiter à s'attacher à ses cochons)

Messages recommandés

The best thing about keeping pigs is, of course, the pork, but the companionship runs the meat a pretty close second. After three years of amateur pig-keeping – I currently have five young porcine ladies scratching around a paddock at the bottom of my garden in Ireland – I can safely say that pigs are the most entertaining, life-affirming and intelligent creatures that have ever had the misfortune to taste utterly delectable in a frying pan.

...Some people say that you should not to get too attached to them. Quite frankly, that’s impossible. What’s more, if you don’t make an effort to get to know them, you’ll be missing out on an amazingly life-affirming experience.

...Of course, when the dread day comes, it is pretty grim, even though the prospect of the delicious hams and sausages soon coming your way does help to soften the blow. The animals seem to have a very clear idea that something bad is about to happen, and getting them out of the trailer into the pens at the abattoir is the hardest part. Keeping your pigs really hungry so they will follow the bucket helps (resist the temptation to provide a magnificent last supper).

Above all, I respect my pigs. And I can eat them with a clear conscience because of, not despite, that fact.

The joy of pigs - 07/08/09
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/agriculture/farming/5990655/The-joy-of-pigs.html

• Créer...