Aller au contenu
Rechercher dans
  • Plus d’options…
Rechercher les résultats qui contiennent…
Rechercher les résultats dans…
devboy

Unexpected eggs...

Messages recommandés

I believed that two of my climacs had reabsorbed their eggs.... :oops:

I found both these today, presumably they were laid yesterday at some point after I checked in on them (I returned from a few days away yesterday).

This one is from my female called Climac 4 (I know, an inventive name).

Next up I checked this females (that'll be Climac 6, for those of you wondering what this imaginative keeper has named the snake) laying box.... nothing...

So, before I misted it, as it was quite clearly very dry, I thought I'd better just check underneath in case.

Good job I did! Laughing

Always nice to get unexpected eggs!! Now lets see pics of those climacs! Wink hehe

nice ....thats a nice surprise lolol..

wish you all the luck thumright

Nir a écrit:
Always nice to get unexpected eggs!! Now lets see pics of those climacs! Wink hehe

Many thanks all, I am so sorry I didn't update this thread with pictures of babies, I have had computer problems resulting in lots of files being lost I'm afraid. So I no longer have pictures of the babies.

Here's a couple of pictures of some of the seven adults I keep though. thumright

Hope you enjoy and many apologies for resurrecting such an old thread! Please forgive me. Embarassed

devboy ,you make me fall in love with your collection ....nice snake ..

Thank you very much Manu! Very Happy I shall update you with new pictures once the eggs that have been laid this year, have hatched. The pictures above are of eggs from last year.

Thanks for sharing Devboy !! This species is pretty uncommon in Québec so keep on posting updates of your beauty.

Congrats for your ''last year eggs '' Razz !!!

Thank you gecko4life, I do have some eggs this year as well. Laughing

So there should be some more baby E. climacophora to add to the 7 adults I already have! thumright

Congrats!!!

Question for you... I see on almost all your egg clutches pictures that there is only 4 eggs? is this commun for this species to not have à big amount of eggs or it just happened that way?

Very common for my individuals at least, it all depends on the energy resources that can be afforded by the mother for egg production (as in any species), typically for Japanese Ratsnakes it is 4-6 eggs from my experience and correspondence with other keepers. There will always be certain individuals that usually lay more than this, just as there are those that will lay less however the norm is 4-6. I have 4.3 of these snakes and all females this year lay just 4 eggs. It seems only two clutches are fertile this year though.

This year I have been somewhat distracted from my snake keeping duties, so I had all my snakes on a 'maintenance' only diet. Had I planned on breeding them, I would have ensured they had been fed more often, which no doubt would have given me more eggs, but I doubt many more. Very Happy

• Créer...