Aller au contenu
Rechercher dans
  • Plus d’options…
Rechercher les résultats qui contiennent…
Rechercher les résultats dans…
deadvenom-x

Hear Ye, Thy Dragon!!

Messages recommandés

Thy Real Dragon!!

Ok, ok. I know some people may not like it, others find it intriguing. I wanted to give them a shot. Before I get bashed, I know the requirements, that I have researched. They are ant eaters, and grubs which is the main problem that people have. I have been told/read that no one can get them eating crickets, or very hard to. I managed to get them to eat 3 mealworms each without any issues (though a grub). It's not going to be a staple at all as the low nutritional content the mealies have. Im going to be trying a variety of small waxworms, butters, pillbugs and woodlouses(I have a colony believe it or not) and other small bugs....and Im going to try 1/4" crickets. I have them in a what looks to be a little over 2.5x2.5x2' flexarium that they got lost in lol. I have the sides, top and front sealed aside from air vents and 5.0 UVB, basking spot ranging from 87-95F. They drank lots of water and are hopping around like little mad men. I know it is not enough room for them at the moment, but it is only temporary to ensure they will do ok. I do want to give them at least a 4x4x2 enclosure with some "gliding" space if they do well.

Here be, Draco volans! Unfortunately, both are males but I plan to get a few females tomorrow if any are kickin around

Male 1

Male 2

checking out a hold in the wood

"Wing" (elongated ribs) partially exposed

wow! apparently these lizard are quite hard to keep... do you have pictures of the terrarium? i'm curious

Man, i'm so jealous! Keep giving us update about them!
You should try fruitfly, maybe it will work too.

More pic of the terrarium is required! Wink

Really nice! thumright

Maybe you should try some phoenixworms also...They are maggots so maybe they'll like that!

Yes, they are a very difficult species to keep thriving in captivity. But, I'm sure you'll do fine with them Ashley.

I'm pretty confident they'll love pillbugs / woodlouses... since it look like roaches (and from what I read on the subject from european websites, they seem to love them). Also, as for the phoenixworm, I'll be curious if they would eat them at the fly stage.... some lizards species tend to love hunting flies. You could also try out some hydei fruit flies.... but they are maybe already too big for that.

Anyhow, a lot of experiments to do with those in a near future!

Good luck with them.

Dont forget I sealed the netting to prevent humidity loss.
phoenix worms are a great idea! I dont know where to get them though.

Photo of the enclosure, like I said, not the best for them as they cannot glide but it's good otherwise... it is only temporary until I build a huge one for them to glide in. I added ALOT more substrate too. This is while it was still being made.

A misting system and cork on 3 of the 4 faces of the vivarium will certainly be a must.
Good luck with your new flying-monsters

Goulet a écrit:
A misting system and cork on 3 of the 4 faces of the vivarium will certainly be a must.
Good luck with your new flying-monsters
. I mist it heavily twice a day, being the enclosure is sealed I don't anymore than that. I plan on getting cork this week. I just bought small waxworms and TINY silkworms for them to try tomorrow:)

• Créer...