Aller au contenu
Rechercher dans
  • Plus d’options…
Rechercher les résultats qui contiennent…
Rechercher les résultats dans…
animo-aequoanimo

Une centenaire vg avec photo

Messages recommandés

Une centenaire vg, avec photo, qui plus est, a vécu au Canada content
L'article est un peu long car il relate ses amours mais on pourrait se contenter des quelques lignes sur le V en les cuopant. On pourrait demander l'utilisation de la photo -bien qu'elle soit embrouillée et que je ne sais pas ce que donnerait une copie ou sinon, on peut tout simplement faire un petit encadré sans rien demander, comme dans le dernier bulletin ? On a aussi l'autre vieille que j'ai mis sur le forum "bulletin" je crois.

http://www.bridlingtontoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=803&ArticleID=1732698

Il y a un formulaire pour les contacter:

http://www.bridlingtontoday.co.uk/ContactUs.aspx

Je ne crois pas que l'article soit d'aujourd'hui; je pense que c'est simplement la date du jour actuel qui s'affiche quand on va sur leur page.

Il y a un sondage avec une question bien tendancieuse, il me semble :

Do you think people should be allowed to keep dangerous dogs as pets? Yes No

Fruit keeps doc away
BEING a lifelong vegetarian is what a Bridlington woman says is the key to her reaching 101 years old.

Great-great-grandmother Blanche Mannix, who lives at Avenue Court in Westgate, celebrated her birthday with her family last Sunday.
Mrs Mannix was brought up in Winnipeg, Canada, but has spent the majority of her life in England.
She thinks she has been very lucky in life and has only been in hospital once.
"I have never tasted a piece of meat in my life and my father was also a vegetarian from birth and he lived into his 90s.
"I like the smell of bacon and if it wasn't what it was I would eat it," she said.
However, Mrs Mannix does have a sweet tooth and cannot refuse anything sweet.
She was married to Louis, who died 13 years ago, and the couple had two sons Damion and Leo, who were both brought up as vegetarians.
Mrs Mannix said she was 32 when she met Louis.
At the time she also had a boyfriend in Canada and was planning to return to him but then something happened to change her mind.
"When I told Louis I was leaving he cried that much and about two weeks later his mother died and then his father. He was so so upset that I stayed," she said.
The couple lived in Leeds and then moved to Scotland but they did not adapt to quiet village life so moved back to England, settling in Harrogate.
They also had a holiday home in Bridlington and after going back and forth between the properties, they decided to settle in Bridlington.
"I love the sea and the seafront is beautiful," said Mrs Mannix, who had spent a short time in Bridlington as a child in St John's Avenue.
During her life she has had three marriage proposals and it was her love life which saw her move between England and Canada.
At the age of 16 she was in the Northwest Territories and there she met a Mountie.
Mrs Mannix said: "I was 16 and he was 23. My family said I was too young to get married so that was it.
"Then while I was in Winnipeg I met a chartered account who wouldn't leave me alone. So my family sent me to England for 12 months to be sure I was rid of him."
It was while living in Birmingham that she met another man, this time a consultant engineer.
She said: "He proposed and my family who I was staying with were so upset they thought if it did not turn out right they would be to blame so they told my father what a stinker he was.
"I then had to go to Canada to get me away from this fellow."
Although heartbroken, Mrs Mannix loved the week-long boat trip to Canada because she was without her parents and enjoyed partying.
"I didn't like calm sailing though. If it was calm I thought it was a waste of time. I liked it when the sea was rough," said Mrs Mannix.
Luckily for Mrs Mannix, her father did not believe in daughters going out to work and her main passion in life was dancing.
She used to attend the local dances but said she liked going without a partner because there were lots of men there and she liked the change.
It was actually her love of dancing that lead to the biggest blow in her life when she had the chance to be in the Ziegfeld Follies when she was 18.
Mrs Mannix said: "It was decided I should go to Chicago to be trained for stage dancing. I got an interview and everything was arranged for me to go. My sister was going to go with me for two weeks and then in the end my father wouldn't let me go.
"He could not come around to the idea of his daughter being a chorus girl."
He was then told his daughter would be teamed up with a partner but in the end he still said no.
Nowadays, Mrs Mannix likes spending time with her friends and family, reading and sitting people-watching in the Promenades shopping centre.
She is also planning to hold a cheese and wine evening to thank everyone for their cards and birthday wishes.

• Créer...