Aller au contenu
Rechercher dans
  • Plus d’options…
Rechercher les résultats qui contiennent…
Rechercher les résultats dans…
Animal

Chien abandonné et attaché/mort de faim et de soif à Ottawa

Messages recommandés

Une histoire similaire à la précédente, cette fois à Ottawa le mois dernier ! Un chien Boxer a été retrouvé mort, solidement attaché à la rampe d'un escalier de secours (non fréquenté) d'un édifice à logements. Une femme âgée aurait entendu les pleurs et les hurlements du chien pendant 3 nuits consécutives, mais elle n'est pas parvenue à savoir d'où ces hurlements provenaient... La pauvre bête est morte de faim et de soif ! ShitShitShit
----------------------------------------------------

Humane society hunts for 'barbaric' dog killer

Ottawa organization offers its first reward after boxer abandoned for days in stairwell

Andrew Seymour, The Ottawa Citizen

Published: Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The image of the tan and white dog's body, still tethered to a banister where it had been left without food and water for days, is one Marilyn Ross fears will haunt her forever.

"It was murdered the way it was left," said Ms. Ross, who discovered the dead boxer on Feb. 18 in a little-used stairway of her Ottawa Community Housing apartment block at 340 Gloucester St.

Lying near the top of 18 stairs in the dimly lit cinderblock stairwell, the dog lay covered in its own feces. Evidence on the walls and door around the boxer hinted at its desperate struggle to claw itself free of the lonely tomb, the Ottawa Humane Society said.

Bruce Roney, executive director of the Ottawa Humane Society, stands in the stairwell where the emaciated corpse of a dog was found tied to a railing.
Wayne Cuddington, The Ottawa Citizen

A black leather collar and an orange, yellow and black leash kept it securely fastened to the steel banister.

The "horrendous" cruelty of the act has prompted the humane society to offer a $500 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible. It is the first time the humane society has offered such a reward.

"It was barbaric. It was torture," said Ms. Ross. "There was maybe one step it could have sat on without strangling himself," she said. "He was hanging by the (leash). They tied it very tight.

"I was down on my hands and knees crying," said Ms. Ross, who heard a dog's cries for three nights before the discovery but could not figure out where they were coming from. "I couldn't believe what I had seen. I was outraged."

According to Ms. Ross, she first heard the sound of "howling like a hound dog" on Wednesday night, and it continued on Thursday and Friday. She heard nothing on the Saturday before she made the discovery.

She went out on her balcony several times thinking the dog was in a neighbouring house or apartment, but the thought of the rarely used emergency exit stairwell from the Ottawa Community Housing building's parking garage never crossed her mind until Sunday.

"If I hadn't heard it and found it that would be hard enough," said Ms. Ross, 61, who is now racked with guilt over not pursuing the matter more aggressively. "It's the way this dog had to suffer that haunts me, that I didn't save it, that I didn't find out (where it was)."

Ottawa Humane Society executive director Bruce Roney said it appears the dog died of starvation and dehydration after a necropsy performed last week indicated the dog didn't appear to have any underlying diseases or medical conditions.

"There was no food in the dog's stomach at all and the scene indicated it had been there multiple days," said Mr. Roney.

According to Mr. Roney, a dog can live without food or water for anywhere between seven and 14 days. However, it could be much shorter depending on the dog's condition before it is deprived.

Mr. Roney said the humane society took the unusual step of offering a reward after investigators were unable to identify the dog's owner by canvassing residents and putting up posters in the building asking for information.

"It's such a horrendous case, we really want to hold those accountable responsible," said Mr. Roney, adding one man has already called offering to double the reward if it will help catch the person responsible.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=2bde3d1b-7ce9-40ca-b693-42cd26ef4bda&k=94859&p=1

faut être vraiment écoeurant de faire ça à un animal,c'était probablement unchien volé ou enfuit de sa demeure des jeunes ou des foux alliés se sont amusé à le faire souffrir ainsi et le voir creuvé au bout de la laisse.Faut être vraiment malade quel bande de cons................... MadMadMad

• Créer...