Aller au contenu
Rechercher dans
  • Plus d’options…
Rechercher les résultats qui contiennent…
Rechercher les résultats dans…
StephanBakir

Reticulated pythons

Messages recommandés

Any Retic owners out there? My collection is made up of 1.1 platinum het albino 0.1 albino (Medusa's baby) and a Southern pine snake.
I should have 4-5 more retics by August, depends how money is around then.

%20%20Uploaded%20with%20ImageShack.us][/url]

It was bought from Harry Wessles in Arkansas, hes holding it till I buy a few more so I can pay for CITES on the whole shipment and save money.

Thats a sexy super tiger, it might be the angle of the second photo, but does your super tiger have a floating tail? Thats pretty rare for that morph.

It's actually just a sexy Tiger, lots of people confuse him for a super Razz
It's a male, he's almost 2 yrs old, 12lbs, around 10ft long and just awesome!
Like all tigers tongue

Next time your order some Tics, PM me! I'm making some room at home for more

I've worked with loads of tigers and supers before, I've never seen a tiger with the 4 dots on their noses, most super tigers have the dots though.
If it wasn't for the dots I'd call him a tiger, either way though its a great looking animal, I'll upload more of my platties after my girl sheds and we have a warm day.

Hi Stephan,

Your tics are really beautiful, but I have a question, how can you tell that they are platinum, I'm not an expert in morph and when I look at your pictures, I see beautiful regular retic, is there a way to tell they are platinum except from the word of the breeder. Just curious.

I had a regular male a couple of years ago and now I have a super dwarf, I will post pics of him soon, I need to do new ones, he shed recently. Reticulated pythons are one of my favorites snakes, I'm a big fan of python of the Genus Morelia and Broghammerus, I keep a Tirmor Python and a Moluccan and I've kept a Bar neck for a friend for a couple of months and fall in love with her also. So, now I want a Bar neck lol

Mathieu

I'll admit that there are some stunning normals out there, but seeing a platinum and a stunning normal is like night and day.

This is an outdated photo, but its the best one I currently have to show her colors. I'll get a more recent one when we finally get some warm weather.

So I guess that we have to compare them live.

Here are 2 pictures of the regular male I had 2 or 3 years ago, it's almost the same for me.

Mathieu

edit : by comparing my pictures and yours the only difference I can see is the amount of yellow/orange colours on the side compare to the grey spot. Your seems to have a lot less grey. Maybe that's the way to tell the difference.

They look all gorgeuse to me, to bad we can't have one over here in France.

I've only owned tigers and albinos in the past, to my untrained eye yours looks like a platty so I sent Harry a message asking the difference.

Great thanks, I can't wait to here what he have to say because quite frankly I'm starting to think that maybe mine and some others that I've seen in the past could have been platinum and nobody knew it at the time.

Mathieu

Leiopython a écrit:
Great thanks, I can't wait to here what he have to say because quite frankly I'm starting to think that maybe mine and some others that I've seen in the past could have been platinum and nobody knew it at the time.

Mathieu

Mat, les platinums sont les het Ivory, fac c'est quasi-impossible qu'il en aie ici en circulation sans qu'les gens sans rendre compte, ils valent cher. Les platinums bebe sont plus jaune et avec le temps le silver ressort. C'est comme les Fire un peu, ils ont un ventre vraiment clean et les patterns "ressortent" plus, les cercles sur le dos ont un genre de gros contrast.

Stephan: to know if the retic is super tiger or just tiger is by looking at his sides mostly... Mine has little white circles, supers have elongated ones, almost complete stripes sometimes. It's not by looking at the back or the nose. Usually tigers don't have a long unbroken stripe on their back, they still have the circles.. I guess you could say mine is an "abherrant" tiger. Supers have clean washed out colors that blend in well with each other too, tigers have bold contrast separating every color.

Supers:

Tiger:

Mais justement Amy, sur le site de Nerds ils disent que ça été découvert en 2005, mais qu'est ce qui nous dit qu'il ni en avais pas avant, un peu comme les yellow belly chez les balls, ils se sont vite rendu compte qu'il y en avais beaucoup sur le marché et leur prix a droppé, un ami avais payé 30 000$ pour le siens et un mois plus tard bang ils ne valaient plus que 3000$ je pense.

Je ne dit pas que c'est absolument le cas, mais quand je compare les photos, je ne vois pas une énorme différence. Remarque ils sont vraiment beau les platinum et ils sont 600$ pour les mâles et 850$ les femelles chez prehistoric pets, c'est quand même pas si pire pour des retic régulier plus flash.

Mathieu

Their value isn't in their specific looks, if someone wanted a snake that looks fantastic now they would get a goldenchild, a tiger, a sunfire etc. The value of a platinum is in what you get from the breeding.

Regarding the tiger, this is taken directly from NERD
Super Tiger:Super
Tiger Retics are the homozygous form of the Tiger trait. There is much
variation in pattern for the Supers. This almost always includes
vertebral striping of some form to varying degrees.
Along with the striped dorsal pattern, the blotches of white melt into
one another to create side stripes that sometimes run for the entire
length of the body. The colors of Super Tigers can vary quite a bit from
bloodline to bloodline. Some are a brown mustard color, others are
extremely light yellow, while others are blinding yellow. Other
noticeable differences are a reduced postocular stripe and some
specimens exhibit up to four black spots on the nose.

I understand that Stephan, but I don't want to breed retics, and I don't want to pay a couple of thousand $$$ for a snake. So, in that regard the platinum would be a good alternative lol

Mathieu

Leiopython a écrit:
Mais justement Amy, sur le site de Nerds ils disent que ça été découvert en 2005, mais qu'est ce qui nous dit qu'il ni en avais pas avant, un peu comme les yellow belly chez les balls, ils se sont vite rendu compte qu'il y en avais beaucoup sur le marché et leur prix a droppé, un ami avais payé 30 000$ pour le siens et un mois plus tard bang ils ne valaient plus que 3000$ je pense.

Je ne dit pas que c'est absolument le cas, mais quand je compare les photos, je ne vois pas une énorme différence. Remarque ils sont vraiment beau les platinum et ils sont 600$ pour les mâles et 850$ les femelles chez prehistoric pets, c'est quand même pas si pire pour des retic régulier plus flash.

Mathieu

Oui ca s'pourrais bien, j'dit pas le contraire mais moi j'vois la difference un peu quand j'les regarde. C'est le "cleanliness" de l'animal en general. Mais oui c'est tres bien plausible qu'il en aurait en circulation, faudrais les breeder pour en avoir le coeur net.
J'pense qu'il se vendent 1500$ aujourdhui si j'me trompe pas, mais c'est vrai qu'il a des reguliers qui sont trop beau. C'est dure a dire avec une photo, mais en vrai, c'est un morph qui se voit quand meme a l'oeil nu j'trouve. C'est surtout les ecailles, ils ont un genre de contour noir. Ca s'voit encore mieux quand ils sont bebe aussi.

StephanBakir a écrit:
Their value isn't in their specific looks, if someone wanted a snake that looks fantastic now they would get a goldenchild, a tiger, a sunfire etc. The value of a platinum is in what you get from the breeding.

Regarding the tiger, this is taken directly from NERD
Super Tiger:Super
Tiger Retics are the homozygous form of the Tiger trait. There is much
variation in pattern for the Supers. This almost always includes
vertebral striping of some form to varying degrees.
Along with the striped dorsal pattern, the blotches of white melt into
one another to create side stripes that sometimes run for the entire
length of the body. The colors of Super Tigers can vary quite a bit from
bloodline to bloodline. Some are a brown mustard color, others are
extremely light yellow, while others are blinding yellow. Other
noticeable differences are a reduced postocular stripe and some
specimens exhibit up to four black spots on the nose.

Trust me, I know my retics. What I have is a just a beautiful plain Tiger. I know if I were to breed him to a regular, I would get only 50% Tigers in the clutch. I've shown some pictures of this tiger on several forums and all the big breeders never mistook him for a super. Yes he does have a nice long dorsal stripe and he does have the little dots on the nose, their just minor traits that both morphs share. Personally I don't like supers and I don't think he looks like one.

Ok alors c'est ce que je pensais, ça doit se voir mieux à l'oeil nu qu'en photos.

Stephan, I have manipulated some Super Tiger and Tiger and I have played with Amy's Tics and I also agree with her, it's a beautiful Tiger she has.

Mathieu

Salut Very Happy
Quoi qu'ils en sois, je trouves que les Retics sont les + beaux serpent Zen
@ + R sunny

Moi aussi jai des retic Very Happy, 2 femelle, une CB de 4-5 ans et une autre WC de 7ans.

femelle wc:

• Créer...