Aller au contenu
Rechercher dans
  • Plus d’options…
Rechercher les résultats qui contiennent…
Rechercher les résultats dans…
D. Pogue

Bienvenue à la Révolution!

Messages recommandés

Bonjour mes amis......

« La révolution ne sera pas télévisée » .......... mais elle sera aidée par technologie. Chacun est invité pour s'associer à l'amusement ............

J'espère que nous pouvons tout mettre en oeuvre cette petite section de « Repticlic » et l'employer pour encourager le respect pour la Nature, le herpetology, le « RealSnakes (TM) » ..... et l'un pour l'autre, aussi.

Il y a tellement beauté en nature, dans la biologie évolutionnaire. Célébrons-ici le!
Voici quelques photos de certains de mes serpents préférés pour le mettre en route .........

M/O/D/P

ps -

pps-

ppps - ps - "The revolution will not be televised".......but it will be assisted by technology. Everyone is invited to join in on the fun..........

I hope we can all enjoy this small section of "Repticlic" and use it to encourage respect for Nature, herpetology, "RealSnakes" (tm).....and for each other, too.

There is so much beauty in Nature, in Evolutionary Biology. Let's celebrate it here!
Those were photos of some of my favourite snakes to get it started.........

pppps - "Vive la Revolution!" Cool
ppppps - "Punition" Razz
pppppps - Welcome To The Machine...........

Damn, the two indigos pictured look pretty massive!! The tetrateania shot killed me! hehe Those are beauties! Did they ever breed for you?

Are the days getting warmer in your corner of the country Mr. Pogue? Can't wait for the 09 herping season, I'm really hoping to do some camping/herping to observe some new species.

ps Colours of the rainbow!
pps. Back in Black
ppps. Damn cold snow

BIG a écrit:
Salut quel est l'espèce du serpent rose ?

BIG

Il s'agit de Masticophis flagellum testaceaus ou Western Coachwhip... Ils ne sont pas tous de cette couleur, la variation naturelle dans la coloration de cette espèce est surprenante.

Let the 2009 colour-brid game begin.............

pppps - "Vive la Revolution!" Cool

ppppps - "Punition" Razz

pppppps - Welcome To The Machine...........

Nir a écrit:
BIG a écrit:
Salut quel est l'espèce du serpent rose ?

BIG

Il s'agit de Masticophis flagellum testaceaus ou Western Coachwhip... Ils ne sont pas tous de cette couleur, la variation naturelle dans la coloration de cette espèce est surprenante.

ok merci car c'est la premiere fois que j'en voyais un de cette couleur

BIG

OH YA!!!! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

A picture thread with stuff from Justin, Jon Davidson, & MODP all on the same page?!?! affraid And NO YAPPY "MODS"???? This is very good news for the entire internet LOL, finally something worth reading again! I can hardly wait for more, with the original Repticlic membership guys, and also pool, rancor, Brennan, Melanie, Spankenstyne, the old J&W crew.........wow. I'll be here Monday, thats for sure.

Love those Drymarchons BTW.

steven
PS, Morph sandwich place! Laughing
PPS, I need to work on my high school French LOL Embarassed . I'll do my best to keep up!
PPPS, DP speaks French, who could have guessed? Shocked
PPPPS, the all new jumpy & worthless VIP lounge!

Allright guys, this is a little too fun for me not to add anything... I dont really have nothing new so i'll post some old pics that i think are still pretty cool Smile.

Elaphe flavolineata

Lamprophis holbrooki

Upset baby Gonyosoma oxycephala

Elaphe climacophora

Elaphe climacophora again

Chrysopelea ornata

Pantherophis lindheimeri

Mastigophis testaceous flagellum

Gonyosoma janseni

DID SOMEONE SAY BIODIVERSITY?!?!

I'd like some more mustard in my morphburger, please Smile.

phil.

Vive la revolution indeed!
Wow Don, a San Fran? I don't know why I'm shocked though haha..
Looks like I'll have to get to work on some new shots to share. Great additions everyone who's posted above.

Nir a écrit:
The tetrateania shot killed me! hehe Those are beauties! Did they ever breed for you?

Are the days getting warmer in your corner of the country Mr. Pogue? Can't wait for the 09 herping season, I'm really hoping to do some camping/herping to observe some new species.

ps Colours of the rainbow!
pps. Back in Black
ppps. Damn cold snow

Yes, Nick, those San Frans did breed for me......in 2002/03/04........but I couldn't find homes for all the offspring, and I didn't have room to house any more adults.......so I stopped breeding them for a few years. It looks like things are getting better in the Hobby when it comes to Thamnophis in general, though. I really think that these amazing, active, beautiful snakes deserve more respect from hobbyists. They are definitely NOT an entry-level or "beginner" herp, as so many "experienced" keepers disparragingly dismiss them.

Here are some tetrataenia photos from the archives.....

As far as the weather question, things are seasonally pretty warm here these past few days, and we are only about 4 weeks away from the start of Field Herping Season in Southern Ontario Cool . I usually find Garters in huge numbers by the third week of March. I'll post lots of field photos here on Repticlic when the time comes. Here is a shot of some vegetation re-asserting itself and searching for Spring 2009........just a couple of days ago, right here in my front garden .......

Speaking of "Spring"........Spring around here generally means "Yellowtail Cribo eggs". A second female appeared ready to lay earlier this week:

Look what I found just two days ago........a nice "Thursday Morning Surprise" Very Happy ........

Here they are "set up" in large-grade vermiculite.......11 fertile eggs, bringing my total for 2009 to 22 (so far):

Close-up!

Here's the lone infertile mass or "slug". It weighed in at 25 grams, as you can see......

I still have another huge female corais corais who is gravid and due to lay in early March. There will be enough YTs for everyone to enjoy this season! Very Happy

Regards,
M/O/D/P

ps -

pps - To Phil..........

flavolineata!!!!
Chrysopelea!!!! affraid

Razz

Beautiful Tetrateania! These guys are unbelievable! Pure beauty!

Lucky on the weather Don... We still got freezing temperature and lots of snow... Herping season is probably 3 months away...

AHHHHHHH!!!! Must... Kill.... Whoever.... Invented... Winter!!

ps. Nature knows best "period"
pps. Did I say Nature knows best.
ppps. Haricots vert dans un Pâté Chinois = Hmmmm

You and I hate winter, Nick.......but these crazy Eastern Garters seem to make it a point to be the first snakes to emerge from hibernation.......sometimes even on a warm day in mid-winter Shocked . Every once in a while, some lucky jogger or "professional dog-walker" gets to see this here in the Toronto area......

This will become a daily sight (minus the white crap, of course!) around here in around a month.

Here's a little Garter who will never get to "enjoy" the "beauty" of a long, cold winter.......she lives here in a nice warm Snakeroom.......
Thamnophis sirtalis infernalis......The California Red-Sided Garter.

And for all of those who would dare to mock us "Other Snakes"-types, here's a little message........it's a bit of a twist on Justin's photo-pun from another Thread here on Repticlic (and apparently "elsewhwere" humm too).

"Trouble Brewing" part 1

M/O/D/P

ps -

pps -

ppps - "Trouble Brewing" RazzRazzRazz

Hello there Mr.Don Pogue my Herping Bussim Aquantince,i feel itchy cause i can smell that spring is just around the corner,oh th good old musk smell,the thrill of flipping things around,the bite marks,the find.....See you soon.Cheers salut

stevie a écrit:
Hello there Mr.Don Pogue my Herping Bussim Aquantince,i feel itchy cause i can smell that spring is just around the corner,oh th good old musk smell,the thrill of flipping things around,the bite marks,the find.....See you soon.Cheers salut
P.S By the way i see you have finished organizing your sock drawer,great just in time for some good old herping around,nice pics.

Damn these san fransiscos garter are gorgeous little bugger almost looks like a morph.....! LaughingRazz
I love your pic of garters next to snow crazy! eheheh cant wait to go herpinnnnnng DAMN! kills me

eveyone shooting some picture I guess its my turn...Razz
here are some fellows I use to keep...miss them so much will have to find some more!

sweet lady like Phil use to keep too!
Chrysopelea ornata

here laying here almost good eggs... Razz

Here is a specie I discovered at your place Mr Pogue long time ago...the pure and wild beauty, I remember you putting gloves to grab them! lol I though you were I though man until you had to packed them! lol WinkRazz
Drymobius margaritifer

they are great snakes, but looks like a rodent diet aint always the best kept dying on me...
I hope to be able to get a nice group eventually!

Mr Oligodon not to sure of the exact specie...

Mr Big theeth

Now a little crazy bugger sucking on nice liquidy proteins Mr Oligodon

PS here is its next lunch!

PPS Justin will you still love me? Razz

PPPS BON APPÉTIT!

Nice shirt!!!! I am sure there are neverending possibilities like '' Spiders and bumblebees bug me '' or '' Caramel balls - No thanks, i'm on a diet '' Smile.

phil.

Alex, impressive collection. Never have had the pleasure of seeing any of the species you posted in person. Sorry to hear about the troubles keeping the Drymobius, they're stunning.

Great dental shot. Anything else you can share on the kukri snake?

AlexG a écrit:

ALEX, YOU ARE MY HERO!

ps. Now, do the rest good or i kill you! Not Me

justin a écrit:
AlexG a écrit:

ALEX, YOU ARE MY HERO!

ps. Now, do the rest good or i kill you! Not Me

Justin... Very Happy dont worry I'll do it myself if I fuck it up! but I WON'T!!! There is noooo way we dont get 5 out of 5 !!! Army SmileyZen

Spankenstyne, I dont know a lot about those little Kukri snakes, but I can tell you yet it only accpeted egg yolk, but havent tried yet to soak a rodent in it...He is really defensive, as soon as I touch him he JUMP mouth wide open in my direction! He's reallyy hard to control beacose when you saw his teeth you know he can go tru many layers of leather gloves...lolol and dont try to hold him at the base of its head he still can REACH YOU with his giant teeth, actually the name ''Kukri snake'' is from their giant teeth looking like the Kukri Knifethe first weeks I had him he was real sweet but his real personnality came out pretty quickly! lol I hope to get a female or 2 eventually to be able to get some cb babies Wink I love this little finger serial killer geek

Alex

PS Justin dont hurt me Please
PPS if you do Mr Kukri has a meeting in your pants! Mr.RedLaughingLaughing
PPPS anyway you cant you are some unilegged albino dwarf dude LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Beautiful snakes everyone. Alex, that Brown Kukri seems like fascinating species to keep. Beautiful Chrysopelea too!

Don, it seems as though you make it a goal to post pics of my favorite species. Infernalis... Damn, I'm really looking into getting some of those guys this spring/summer.

The only garter I found next to snow was a dead garter. Probably a little fella' that got out to soon... Normally I get my first garter around the first days of may.

A few quickies of some of my favourite snakes in the collection:

Even the king has blue days.. Likely due to "hey who took off the moss!?"

Another blue boy

Very rare shot without her yelling at me

My only corn

Argh MORPHS!!
Even the "worms" are albino!... Taco filler??

What's wrong with it's eyes? They're....normal...

Wow, Alex, I can't believe that paradise tree snake with EGGS! Were they fertile?, they look good in the pic. I know these snakes are rare in the hobby, and I've been told that they are really agressive (defensive is probably more accurate I guess). I noticed that Phil has a pic of one too, so I wondered if there are any still around, do they do OK long term in captivity? Assuming that they are wild caught?

I agree with you Nir about those infernalis Very Happy . More collections should have snakes like these!

Thanks Don for the t-shirt laugh Razz , it looks like that little indigo needs a few smaller colour morph meals before he gets to chow down on that big albino in the pic LOL . "Keep us updated, aweeeeesome pics bro!" EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed

steven

Hi Steven!
The eggs I had looked good, but turned bad withing 2 3 weeks kept them in the incubator but never hatched looked at their inside and havent seen any embryo...Sad some looked like slugs but the other looked okay might be my fault I'll never know!

I can get them fresh imports a few times a year...I had mine eating rodents like phil's but didnt lived a long time but I had it full of eggs...probably didnt help to acclimate her... I'll have more at some point!

If you want some contact me via pm I can let you know next time I see them around!

Alex

I don't have any experience with wild caught 'exotic' snakes like those guys, so I probably wouldn't have much better luck than anyone else, but I would line up for CH babies Cool if they ever become available. That would be pretty exciting. Even if the babies don't feed well at first, in the Toronto area we have a 'local guy' who can get ANY snake to feed and breed, and his help and advice is always FAST and FREE CoolRazzCoolRazzCool , maybe you have heard of him LOL!

Seriously, I might be interested in a couple of very small wc tree snakes if they show up here in the country, instead of large adults, I just wouldn't want my inexperience to kill something. I'll send you a pm with my e-mail, Alex.

Cheers!
steven

PS Killer collection Spankenstyne Cool , yeah even the 'morph' stuff LOL. Love that Black Pine too thumright .

Hey Don,

I see things are going A1 with the yellow tail cribos, but how are they going with the indigos? Any good results from breeding this year. I can't get enough of those snakes... One day, I'll have my own! Mouahahah!

This is what I like to see, brings a little tear to my eye.
How I have missed Don's photographic contributions, very nice to see the yellow tailed eggs came out like you expected.
Jeremy

Congrats on another 11 beautiful eggs Don! Also, thanks for the great thread. I've missed them, that's for sure! Looking forward to another onslaught of pictures!

Good to see you back around Jeremy! Wink

Melanie, a certain Mr Hans Grabbenbottum sent a message along..Something about seeing some "Vee-beebees"? Oh and he'll be bringing that drink along shortly after...

JSI a écrit:
This is what I like to see, brings a little tear to my eye.

Jeremy, my sole mission in life is to make you cry. Nice to see I have succeeded Razz . I hope that you enjoyed your vacation, free of "mods" who might otherwise have followed you along the beach beaking at you that "your bathing suit is the wrong colour!!" or "I can see through you like my front window!!".......or "You're banned from this beach for THREE DAYS!!!!".........I'll just bet you didn't miss that Laughing ..........Strangely enough, I noticed that when I was in Mexico recently, nobody chased me down to enage me in a conversation that they were never even invited to particpate in!! Imagine that?? Razz

Nir a écrit:
I see things are going A1 with the yellow tail cribos, but how are they going with the indigos? Any good results from breeding this year. I can't get enough of those snakes... One day, I'll have my own! Mouahahah!

Les « Yellowtails » pondent habituellement des oeufs ici en février, mais les « Indigos » pondent des oeufs du 15 mars au 15 avril chaque année. Je m'attends à ce que trois femelles pondent de bons oeufs cette saison. Ces oeufs hachent habituellement en juin ou tôt - juillet. Well, Nick........here's what the Indigos have been doing here.......starting in mid-December...........

Look! An Indigo with two tails!! Is that a new "morph"??

M/O/D/P

ps - "Hans Grabbenbottum" Embarassed
pps - "Vee-bee-bees" Cool
ppps - "Melanie est la fille fraîche de serpent!" LaughingLaughing
pppps - "Mouahahahahaha!" Twisted EvilTwisted Evil

Ahhhh! Just what this thread was missing! Indigo pictures! They are absolutely undescribable. I would give my soul to have the chance to encounter an indigo in the wild. We should all try to organise a herping trip! Mouahah!!

I have an open question for you people. I have heard from different sources that snakes that are fat (I don't mean morbidly fat, but just a bit overweight) are less likely to produce viable eggs. I've been told to keep my Spilotes more on the lean side if I wan't them to be healthy. Personnaly, that's what I do, because I don't see reason to keep my snakes fatter. But recently, someone told my male spilotes was lean... So I was wondering...

Here is a picture of my male.

and a picture of is ugly face!

Nir a écrit:
I have heard from different sources that snakes that are fat (I don't mean morbidly fat, but just a bit overweight) are less likely to produce viable eggs. I've been told to keep my Spilotes more on the lean side if I wan't them to be healthy.

It's true. Snakes are not meant to emulate Oprah Winfrey, or her opulent "lifestyle" Shit .........

This is exactly what I have been advocating for years now, Nick. I think we should keep ALL captive snakes "Lean and Mean" Cool .........All of these snakes we keep have evolved over millennia to thrive under more-or-less adverse conditions........then some of us take them and put them in little plastic boxes and feed the hell out of them. They get all the lab-chow-fattened rodents that they can possibly digest, and because they are genetically programmed to eat when food is available, they oblige the keeper........so when in so many collections they get merely "fat" or often even "morbidly obese", no one should be surprised. In Nature, life is a constant struggle for snakes. When we change this in captivity, we fuck with Nature. Probably a losing proposition, long term, I'm thinking.

Try explaining that bit of wisdom to some "investor" who needs to pay off his "investment" by feeding his deformed pets every 3 or 5 days.....and then breeding them at 18 months..........this is the part of the Hobby that I decry..........

Here are some more recent pics of captive Indigos to illustrate my points, and to offset the pain of reading my "opinions" here Razz .

M/O/D/P

ps -

... outch. That last pic is just too crazy... I'm not even an indigo fan and i do have to say that it is one of the best snake pic i've seen in a long time!!!!

phil.

Those are amazing shots as usual.
Careful of the sweets though, all that caramel can't be good for it. geek

Citation :
I'm not even an indigo fan

I think I need to run this through a translator, it's not French though does anyone know what language he's speaking?

Spankenstyne a écrit:
Melanie, a certain Mr Hans Grabbenbottum sent a message along..Something about seeing some "Vee-beebees"? Oh and he'll be bringing that drink along shortly after...

Ha ha..I need to get some updated pictures of the 3 babies I have left. But for now, here is a couple, just for you and Mr.Gabbenbottum...LOL

2 heads are better than 1....Sometimes??

My Sassy little keeper!

He loves Me!!.....Not!

Nasti-Cophis.... geek

Wise Man a écrit:
In Nature, life is a constant struggle for snakes. When we change this in captivity, we fuck with Nature.

Those are exactly my thought! That's why at 2 years old my tigers aren't 10 feet.

That brings to another Q. In Nature, snakes like Cribos and Spilotes are opportunistic feeders. They will probably go for just about anything that fits in their mouth (give or take).

So do you see a problem with snakes being fed exclusive diet of rodents. If varying is advantageous (?spelling), what type of prey can we use.

ps. Feeder morphs
pss. Everybody who's a Dry fan, raise your hand.
psss. Vee - Bee - Bee's
pssss.

I'm lovin this, great shot by everyone.

Don those couperi are drop dead gorgeous, love the rusty facial markings.
I did have a great time on vacation, not thinking once about "being banned" for my drunken behavior or being mocked because I don't think a baby burm should be 10 ft in it's first year of life.

Great VeeBeeBee shots Mel, I think their new name should really be VeeBeeBee. Working in IT I've developed a real hatred of acronyms.

Don and Nir made good points and this is something I have run into a fair bit on some reptile related sites. Don knows one specific instance where I received advice to feed my cribo on a daily basis if she will accept it?? Daily!!!! This was from someone who had 3000 years experience breeding couperi, or some other exaggerated amount of time. You can go to many many of these various sites and see the same ridiculous stuff. “My ATB’s throat is all puffed up???”, “Oh it’s probably just in shed”. What the fuck, when does a snake do that when in shed?? The internet is not a safe place to get good advice, find some friends that have learned and take their advice over anyone. People will bull shit to no end to make themselves appear to be experts.

Jeremy

P.S. I like this place Smile
P.S.S. How many people have rushed out to open a TFSA?? how many people know what a TFSA is??
P.S.S.S.

Awh, Jeremy, with that pic with the anole-like lizard, it reminds me of some readings i'm doing on the Carribeans fauna and how we should also have an ''Other lizards'' forum, hehe. I love Anolis sp Smile. Not only are they super diversified and pretty, but their populations are able to sustain considerable densities of snake predation... What do we see of Carribean herpetofauna in captivity, almost NOTHING!!!! It has to change Razz.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah... sorry for my little burst of Carribean's reptiles love Razz.

phil.

Here are a couple more just for you Phil. I don't know my anolis but I assume these are Anolis distichus dominicensis. I did notice an abundance of Brown Anoles Anolis sagrei also but only got a couple bad shots of them (Bad meaning worse than these).

Jeremy

Nice, thanks Jeremy Smile!!!! I like the last one, with the anole next to the bromeliad Smile. Have you ever seens Anolis vermiculatus or Anolis allisoni? I also really like A.cristatellus from Puerto Rico and the Cuban Steam anole... go look them up on google...

phil.

I'll add some snake photos now as this is the "Colubrides et Autres Serpents" section.

I found out the hard way that she didn't like these white hides.

You'd think I would have got the message!

She much prefers these dark blue ones.

Jeremy

P.S. Sorry but Ovechkin's goal was awesome!!!
P.S.S. A big boat I saw on vacation.....and that's an Ontario flag on the back of it!!! Shocked

Beautiful pictures Jeremy Very HappyVery Happy

A gorgeousl specimen indeed!
My "Snakes I would like to own someday" list is never going to end with threads like these.

Those Indigo's are looking mighty fine as well Mr.Pogue Laughing

Jeremy your Cribo ROCKS MAN!!! ayayaye I miss mine......lovely Stinkers! Rock on

AWESOME PICS thx for sharing!

Alex

Wow, it seems pretty clear to me that Jeremy just doesn't know how to follow the rules here........I mean, he's posting "lizard pics" in the "Colubrides et Autres Serpents" region!! Why isn't there a "mod" right on top of this terrible situation?? Razz Shouldn't someone be intervening here to tell "JSI" how "bad" he is?? Or how she can "see right through" him "like my front window"?? Doesn't this guy deserve to be "banned" here too? What is this here, some kind of "Moderator-Free War Zone????" .........Just askin'.........

Thanks for the photos, Jeremy........Your photography skills keep getting better with every post. The Blacktail shots are really good Wink .......so are the snakes themselves, as you already know.

Nir a écrit:
Wise Man a écrit:
In Nature, life is a constant struggle for snakes. When we change this in captivity, we fuck with Nature.

Do do you see a problem with snakes being fed exclusive diet of rodents. If varying is advantageous, what type of prey can we use.

Well, now that you mention it, Nick............I do think that this ridiculous Pet Trade Nonsense about "all snakes should be trained to take rodents" is just that. Nonsense. Yes, some snakes are exclusively rodent feeders...........we all get that..........but this notion that ALL snakes must consume ONLY lab-chow-fattened rodents that you purchase from the Pet Store is not only inaccurate, but in some cases injurious to the snakes' overall well-being, and maybe even bad for their reproductive systems in the long run, in some cases anyways. Many snakes are in fact dietary generalists, and since they have evolved over millenia this way, I think it's best we as keepers tried to accommodate them as best we can.

Some snakes eat almost anything meat-or-meat-related that the keeper puts in front of them. These Drymarchon in particular seem to benefit from a varied diet I think. Mine here eat rodents, snakes, farm-raised rabbit parts, lean beefheart, tuna (!), but NEVER, never "Shopsy's" brand all-beef wieners. That would just be wrong Razz .

Indigos react to beefheart like Oprah reacts to a dozen donuts floating in a taureen of pork gravy!! Just looks at the pics, man....... LaughingLaughing .........

Here's the store-bought chunk. The outer "fat" layer must be removed for our purposes........Sorry, Oprah Mr.Red ......

Recently-mauled-by-the-male Yellowtail Cribos like to too!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuurp!!!!!

M/O/D/P

ps - I do know what a "TFSA" is, Jeremy. It's what the "Investment-Quality-Investment"-types SHOULD be doing with their money...........but they're NOT.........check out this shiny-noo poster......

pps -

ppps -

• Créer...